The LMP’s Workplace and Community Health Program (WCHP) brings together labor and management in partnership to advance population health, workplace wellness and community well-being. We help healthcare workers change their behaviors and lifestyles, and promote work environments that prioritize total worker health. Our approach includes evidence-based assessments, priority-setting, program design, implementation support and evaluation for hospitals, nursing homes and other organizations.
Our Workplace and Community Health Program (WCHP) offers technical support to healthcare organizations working to improve the health and wellness of their staff. We provide guidance on the design, planning and implementation of structures and programs, including:
- Labor-management committees and governance structure
- Organizational and employee interest assessments
- Wellness champion/advocate programs
- Evidence-based National Diabetes Prevention Program
- Capacity development for Wellness champions/advocates, Union and Management Committee co-leads, site liaisons and others